We've tried to make getting away as simple as possible! Simply pack your bags and plan to arrive to a clean and fresh cabin ~ your home ~ your getaway! It's time to make some memories now...
Upon arrival, enjoy a large spacious cabin with a plenty of room for 8 guests. Our kitchens feature full sized appliances to include a refrigerator, stove, oven, microwave and dishwasher. Enjoy lots of space in the kitchen for several cooks and our favorite Gooseberry Patch cookbooks for culinary inspiration. Find everything you need to cook; from dinnerware, cookware, flatware, glasses, cups, utensils, grill utensils, cutting board, coffee maker, toaster, can opener and more!
Keep things simple and plan to shop at our local Hy-Vee or Fareway stores. Simply unload your groceries directly into your cabin and let your family fun begin. If you happen to bring a cooler, please leave it outside on the deck to protect our wood floor.
Enjoy central heat/air conditioning plus the ambiance of a cozy gas fireplace to take the chill off the night air. Entertain yourself with 37" cable HDTV and wireless internet. Please let us know in advance if you need a DVD player and we'll be sure to arrange it in your cabin before your arrival. In the event of a severe storm, take shelter down a stairway to the lighted 4-foot concrete enclosed crawl space and find a few flashlights in a kitchen drawer ~ just in case you need them.
Plan a delicious grilled dinner using the gas grill (available seasonally) on your deck and dine al fresco as nature and our meadow tucks itself in for the night. Gather at the campfire ring (available seasonally) outside your cabin and enjoy the dark skies and a beautiful light show of fire flies!
Hop into a plush pillow top bed generously piled with pillows and dressed with a triple sheeted duvet comforter and Red Cedar Lodge locally quilted bed scarves. When it's time to freshen up, soak up the steam in a beautifully tiled shower and then wrap up in a soft microfiber cotton towel.
Are you ready now? It's time to select your cabin and pack your bags!
Moonlight Bend Cabin
Sunrise Ridge Cabin
Eagle's Nest Cabin
Rates & Guidelines
|Rates:||Rate Per Night|
|Business Traveler Rate||Call 641-228-3444 to reserve.|
|Couples Getaway Rate: 2 guests only with 1-2 beds used during entire stay. No parties or dinners of any size. For additional visitors, regular rates apply.||$189|
|Peak Season & Holidays||$279|
|Non Peak Season||$229|
|All rates are for up to 4 guests except where noted. $25 for each additional person. 2 night minimum.|
- When entering onto the lodge property, you are entering onto the private property of Tom and Lorraine.
- Visiting hours for our private property is 11 am to 9 pm. If visitors stay past visiting hours, additional guest rates will be charged.
- Snowmobile visitors coming off the Cedar River are not permitted on the property unless prior arrangements have been made with the Red Cedar Lodge.
- We have pine wood floors and we ask for your help to try and maintain the beauty of our floors.
- Please do not rearrange our furniture.
- Please keep coolers outside as sliding them across the floor will damage the wood.
- Please remove boots and sneakers when entering the cabins as little pebbles can become embedded in the tread.
- Ladies, please do not wear high heels on our wood floors as they dent/damage the wood. Please put on your shoes as you leave the cabin.
Red Cedar Lodge has been designed as a quiet country retreat for our registered guests. If guests are expecting visitors who are not staying at the lodge, it is the responsibility of the person who made the reservation to report to Red Cedar Lodge prior to arrival any plans for visitors on the property, an accurate count, date and time. 15 or more people (guests staying at the lodge + visitors + children) combined will result in a facility/visitor fee of $250 plus tax per day. Maximum number of visitors + guests staying at the lodge + children is 20 people. If the gathering exceeds 20 people, an additional $250 plus tax ($500 total) will be charged for the use of our facility per day. These guidelines apply per group, per cabin, whether you have one cabin or all 3 reserved. Guests are responsible for additional trash bags and paper towels. Visiting hours are strictly 11 am to 9 pm. Visitors are not permitted in the hot tub.
- Eagle's Nest maximum occupancy is 8 guests. Sunrise Ridge and Moonlight Bend maximum occupancy is 10 guests per cabin.
- Visitors must be accompanied by a registered guest.
- Registered guests are responsible for their visitors and their actions while at Red Cedar Lodge.
- Visiting hours for non-registered guests is 11 am to 9 pm.
- The interior of all buildings and grounds at the Red Cedar Lodge are non-smoking.
- If smoking is needed, please smoke only only on the outdoor cabin back decks and the Fireside Patio.
- Please dispose of smoking materials in a proper container.
- Smoking is prohibited on any other areas of the grounds.
For safely, please keep our decks free of scooters, bicycles, skateboards and other such toys with wheels.
- Group canoe/ kayak day trips and shuttle up river are $20.00 per person. Life jackets and paddles are provided.
- In order to provide good service and properly accommodate you, please give us a 2 day notice for shuttle service.
- Canoes and kayaks are not available for use during special events, July 3-4, or on the day of check out.
Our minimum stay is 2 nights; every day, every season.
Check in time is 4 pm or later. If you anticipate a late evening check-in, please call us to make special arrangements. Check-out time is at 11 am.
Please keep snowmobile covers out of the cabins. As a courtesy to all guests, please keep your snowmobiles on walking trails and roads only to access the local snowmobile trails off site. Do not venture off our trails as the snow cover protects water frost lines and septic tank drainage areas. Horse show pins also exist that can damage your sleds.
ATVs, golf carts, go-carts, mini bikes and other such motorized vehicles are not permitted for use at Red Cedar Lodge.
- Campfires in designated campfire rings only.
- Glass containers must be kept in cabins or on the decks. For safely, glasses and glass bottles are not permitted at the Fireside Patio.
- Children must be supervised on the property.
- Outdoor water toys such as pools, slides and balloons are not allowed.
- No rock throwing, please as it damages our mowers.
- Fireworks are prohibited on the property.
- Firearms are prohibited on the property.
- We love our pets, however, please understand that all accommodations at Red Cedar Lodge are pet free. Sorry, but pets are not permitted anywhere on the property, to include cars.
- If you need a kennel, we recommend Lime Kiln Road Kennel at 641.732.1171 for in-home boarding in Osage.
- If pets are found to be on the property, a $250 charge will be applied.
- Please place trash in the outside trash can for pick up.
- Please load and run the dishwasher upon departure.
- There are no laundry facilities available on site. However, there are two very nice Laundromats in town.
- Upon request, cabins booked 4+ nights may receive limited towel service (9 am- 5 pm).
- We appreciate that most guests leave our cabins in great condition and if not, reserve the right to charge an additional cleaning fee after departure of $25.00 per hour if extensive cleaning is necessary.
Please let us know if you are celebrating a special occasion during your stay. We can help you find the services you may require for your visit such as florists, caterers or massage therapists.
- The Hot Tub is for the use of registered Red Cedar Lodge guests only.
- Visitors are not permitted in the Hot Tub.
- Hot Tub Hours are 6 am to 11 pm.
- We suggest that you bring beach towels from home if you plan to use the hot tub area.
- To insure your safety, glass is prohibited at the patio area.
- Swimsuits, please in the Hot Tub. No cut offs or clothing.
- Please review the Hot Tub rules located in the kitchen.
- You are responsible for your children if using the hot tub. They must be accompanied by you and supervised to insure their safety.
- For safety reasons, the Hot Tub is closed during gatherings, or special events.
Red Cedar Lodge reserves the right to charge guests for damage to our private property.
- We require 90 days for a cancellation.
- If canceling less than 90 days prior to a reservation, there is a $250 cancellation fee per reserved cabin.