Things To Do
- Red Cedar Lodge morning shuttle for a 2 hour Canoe and Kayak trip
- Fishing on the Cedar River
- Relaxing at the Fireside Patio and Hot Tub
- Wildlife and Eagle Viewing
- Bicycling access to rural bicycle routes and Charley Western Trail
- Snowmobiling access to hundreds of miles of groomed trails
- Iowa's Premier WhiteWater Riverfront Park
- Park and play areas designated for kayaks or inner tube fun
- Great water flow, clean river, and sandy bottom
- Excellent fishing areas for Walleye, Small Mouth Bass and Northern Pike
- Trout fishing at Spring Creek and Turtle Creek
- Walleye fishing in the Cedar River. Iowa DNR stocks the Cedar River with 28,000 Walleye every year.
- License and purchasing information can be found at Fishing Licenses.
- Bicycling on 3 regional rural trails that originate from the Charley Western Recreational Trail Way to Nashua, Osage or Greene.
- Charley Western Recreational Trail Way
Riverside Disc Golf Course at Riverfront Park
Charles City, Iowa 50616
Our canoes, kayaks, and shuttle van are available exclusively for Red Cedar Lodge guests and departs Red Cedar Lodge at 10:00 AM with guests typically returning about 1:00 PM. Enjoy a quiet ride on a scenic wildlife canoe or kayak float down the Cedar River. Guests many times report floating with eagles as they often fly with canoes and kayaks down river.
- To provide the best service and accommodate your group, a 2-day notice is needed so that we may schedule a driver. After your canoe trip, your group will be picked up at West Idlewild Park.
- The cost for shuttle, boats, paddles and life vest is $20 per person.
- Canoes and kayaks are not available for use on the day of check-in or check-out, July 3-4.
- Shuttle operation is open June 15 to September 30.